THE TIP-OFF: SEPHORA COLLECTION COLORFUL 5 EYESHADOW PALETTE IN SWEET TO PASSIONATE PINK
Sephora PRO Artist Gilbert Soliz shares his steps to achieve a rosy smoky eye.
Usually people associate evening smoky eyes with a sexy gray-and-black look, but tonight, we’re thinking pink. In this tutorial, Sephora PRO Artist Gilbert Soliz uses the SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful 5 Eyeshadow Palette in No. 9 to demonstrate how to inject a touch of modern warmth to your nighttime eye. BECKY PEDERSON
PREP BEFORE YOU STEP
Make sure your skin is clean and primed so your makeup stays put. Gilbert cleaned our model’s face with an Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Wipe and primed with Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream. Also, make sure your brows are groomed—this will frame your face and help guide you on where to apply your eye shadow.
1. Press Burgundy along the lash line using SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Shader Brush #18. Then, use a clean brush to pull the shadow up the lid to the brow—without adding more to your brush—to create a gradation of color. “When you work with darker shades,” tips Gilbert, “you want to keep them close to the lash line to avoid looking garish…or like you have a black eye.” Once you’ve pulled up the color, use the #18 brush again to smudge out any imperfections.
2. Using SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Precision Smudge Brush #29, blend out Pink Taupe above your crease and around to the outer corner of your eye to create a smoky halo effect around the Burgundy color.
3. Press Deep Grey along the lash line with SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Shader Brush #18. Then, thicken the line on the outer corner of your eye. Pull the color along your lower lash line, stopping mid-eye.
4. Apply a wash of Pink Taupe over your entire eyelid, and then pull the color up to your browbone using SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Crease Shadow Brush #73.
5. Highlight your tear duct, and dust along the underside of your brow with Baby Pink using SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Shader Brush #18. Adding this little bit of brightness will make your eyes look sexy-dark instead of kinda-sorta-scary-dark. If your eyes still look a little too dark for your taste, use the SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Visionary Highlighting Fan Brush #122 to dust a little more Baby Pink around your orbital bone.
6. Finish the look by shaping your lashes with the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eyelash Curler and swiping on a layer of SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Curl – Dramatic Volume And Curve Mascara.
Shop Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow Palettes at Sephora>